Front of House – Part Time (Temporary Contract)
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Part-Time Front of House.
This role is at first offered on a temporary contract with a view to making it permanent.
This role at time might require you to work alone so please bare this in mind when applying
Would you like to work in a fast paced busy High Street Salon scheduling, organising, serving and being the first point of contact with clients, whilst ensuring that the salon operates smoothly?
Do you have a passion in beauty and excel in customer service? Are you a confidant person and able to deliver service with a smile? If this is you then read on.
A rewarding job, with a chance to up skill your knowledge of the beauty industry and further your communication skills.
Being the first point of contact for all our clients, it is essential that you have excellent spoken and written English, with an approachable, positive attitude whilst being processional at all times.
Friday: 4pm until 8pm.
(Additional hours may be required for times such as annual leave cover as well as occasional overtime)
As Front of House Receptionist in koocachoo you will work closely with every member of the salon team ensuring the salon is running efficiently. Recruiting the right Front of House is very important to us at koocachoo, this role is vital to the salon running effectively.
koocachoo is an award winning salon based in Waltham Abbey Essex, which offers Beauty, Hair, Skin Care & Tanning services.
Our team works very hard 7 days a week so that we can fit in with our client’s busy schedules.
What does the job role include (the below however is not an exhaustive list of duties):
- Supporting the Director/Salon Manager.
- Opening and closing the salon and cashing up and running end of day reports.
- To organise bookings and welcome and greet clients, providing an excellent customer experience. Ensuring they are looked after and have a memorable experience at koocachoo.
- Answer telephone calls and provide information.
- Scheduling appointments.
- Handling appointment cancellations and shifting duties as well as dairy management.
- To build good relationships with clients, communicating effectively about the best professional retail products and services.
- Answering any service related questions
- Ensuring cleanliness, neatness and sanitization of salon and equipment, including sunbeds.
- Learning about all Beauty services and best Tanning guideline so that you can provide clients with the information they need
- Learning about our range of products to be able to assist client when our Therapist or Stylists are busy
- Some light administrative and clerical duties, such as opening and distributing mail, filing, data entry and the preparation of letters and documents.
- Assist the team of therapists and stylists and help prepare for their treatments, when needed.
You need to be:
- Over the age of 18 (due to nature of the role)
- Highly organised and to have exceptional customer service skills.
- Have Previous experience as a receptionist or Front of House position – hair and/or Beauty industry preferred.
- To have an interest and knowledge of the beauty and hair industry.
- To work well within a team as well as independently.
- Be a confident, bubbly person, with a friendly huge smile.
- Have a small understanding of health and safety guidelines for all our treatments, products and sunbeds.
- To be able to handle cash and card transaction and able to assist in stock counting
- Must be well presented, work well within a team and have a professional positive attitude
- Must work well under pressure
- Must be well-spoken and confident
- You must not mind cleaning. We have to keep our salons spotless at all times, and you need to be actively looking for what needs to be cleaned.
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Pension (if meet criteria)
- Contract of employment
- Holiday pay
- Staff Discounts on products and all services
- Staff sunbed course (age dependent)
- Ongoing training and support
When applying, please send through a CV and cover letter to email@example.com also stating why you think you would be right for the role and why we should recruit you, along with an up to date Photo of yourself.
Applicants who do not send a cover letter and photo as requested will not be considered for this role.
We aim to respond to all applications within 4 weeks, however where we have had a high response to a vacancy we will be unable to respond to applicants or give individual feedback.
If you have not heard from us after 4 weeks, please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.